Monday 6 August 2012

Why?

When it comes to veganism, most of what fuels my complaints is what is simply factual. Like the way that meat and animals products destroy our health, our environment and overall, our well being as humans. With that being said, understanding those problems and the severity of those problems would require at least some research. Given, not many people actually do that research. My guess is that most that do, do make the switch to veganism, because, well, facts are facts

 I still don’t understand how people don’t make the connection. It’s not just about deprivation of us as humans or of our planet, it’s that the meat on your plate is literally someone. You can’t tell me that people don’t know the basics of what meat is, and that’s that it is an animal. That piece of flesh once belonged to a living, breathing, thinking, fearing individual. I know that your average, non vegan person can appreciate that, because of the emotional connections we have with our pets. People absolutely love their cats and dogs and people know that their cats and dogs love them. Experiencing that emotion first handedly with a pet, how can you deny it or ignore any other animal? You can’t tell me that a cow, or a pig, or a chicken is any different in anything other than anatomy.
It bothers me deeply to know that individual lives, with their own individual feelings are treated as mere objects. I know that it bothers your average person, being that if you were to ask your average person most would say they believe slavery to be wrong. So, the only difference between a vegan and your average person is accepting that they are wrong and doing what they can to fix their wrongs. The thing that sucks about that as a vegan, is knowing that I am doing all that I can to fix this problem  but still knowing that the problem exists because so many people still haven’t accepted the truth.

Anyway, the point of this post is not to express my anger at every person who eats meat, but it’s for the sadness I feel for every animal who suffers at the hand of man. I just so badly wish that I could help all of those in pain, to mend their wounds and help them feel safe. I can not think of a single feeling worse than the feeling of knowing the circumstances those animals are under. I truly hope that more people begin to make that connection and feel what I feel, because I know that somewhere in everyone we all feel that obligation.

No comments:

Post a Comment